Monday, November 26, 2012

"Easy Street" part 1

In the introduction of "Easy Street" mystery quilt, Bonnie is going to be using Limey apple green, blues and purples. I have not decided yet on which colors I'm going to use yet, that part will be decided the closer we get to Friday, so stay tune.

Our first cutting and sewing instructions we received this past Friday so I spent Friday and Saturday cutting and sewing together 192 4 patches. 










Here are the strip sets, these are out of yardage that I got a few weeks ago.
Out of these strip sets I cut them down into 4 patches that look like this.










We are having a linked up party over at Quiltville so head on over there and see what everyone else is doing. This going to fun. Its like a Blog hop.

The main part of this mystery quilt is to have fun..
What will you be doing this week?
Me I'm going to be working on my " All roads lead to home " lap quilt for one cousin, and some other blocks as leaders and enders for another cousin, and possibly a twin quilt or a full size quilt for my grandson.

Happy Sewing


The highlighted links will take you directly to each part of the mystery quilt.

9 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you are starting without knowing all the colors yet! How exciting! I'll be following to see what you choose. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot really depends on who is going to be on the receiving end.. lol I have it narrowed down to about 5 people.. And which colors I have in my 2" bin..

      Delete
  2. Your mystery is really a mystery, but you're off to a great start. I'm hoping to get some basting and quilting done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost went with scrappy grey but then I realized I don't have any in my stash! Can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doing terrific! I also wanted to try grey didn't have quite enough. Your colors are beautiful! Happy Quilting! ~Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color and fabric choices so far - will be anxious to see what you come up with by Friday ;-)

    Happy Stitchin'
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colors and I've got to see what you have as our next Clue comes up, linked to you :-) Good luck to us

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing all the lovely grey 4-patches, I might have to make another one using Bonnie's colours LOL. Looking forward to step 2!

    ReplyDelete