Thursday, December 27, 2012

1 down and a few dozen to go.

Instead of working on Bonnie's mystery quilt this week, of which I now have 3 weeks of clues to work on. I worked on my sisters bedroom set, which includes 2 pillow cases, a quilt and a dresser topper. It has all been washed and I see that I need to redo the binding on the dresser topper, missed 3 spots in folding it  over.. Other than that it turned out pretty good.

I still have problems with pin tucks underneath. But I'm going to leave them. Its still a learning process for me and I know that she will love it any ways. It was quilted on my domestic machine, Janome Harmony 4052, in the ditch or as close as I could get to it.


As I was stitching all the bindings on I came to the conclusion that it is going to have the Tammy Element added to it and probably every piece I do from here on out. Its not perfect by no means but its good enough for me, for this set. Next set will hopefully be better..

I need to slow down a bit when doing the straight lines of stitching, but this will come with practice. And I plan on have a lot more practice as I will be producing lap quilts, kids quilts, and more bedroom sets for my family and a few close friends that I know will appreciate all the work that goes into producing them.

Now you can head on over to Quiltville and take a look at how everyone else is doing with the mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment