Monday, September 10, 2012

Sept. 10, 2012

New beginnings

Wow it has been almost a year since I posted anything at all here.
Lets see what have I been up to besides 5' and running around barefoot every chance I get.

I have been working on sewing and quilting. Sewing little dresses for my grand daughters which they received this past April when I was in Iowa for my youngest daughters wedding.
Quilting now thats been a fun one.

I have learned a few things while learning how to put quilts together.
Some good some bad,
Not everyone likes hand made gifts, 
Some folks will put you down just because they can, its either from jealousy or insecurities.
Some folks think that machine quilting is cheating. But its not.
I have recently learned how to FMQ ( Free Motion Quilt) on my little Janome Harmony sewing machine, I can do the table runners, mug rugs ( coasters), place mats and other small projects. But I have only taught myself only the meandering stitching. I need to learn how to do others with my little machine.
A look at a meandering free motion quilting on a table runner and the table runner completed.
I think I did pretty good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment